One of the most popular fast food dish here in Algeria and other North African countries is this kind of omelette. It is easy to prepare and can be served as breakfast.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tomatos, quarters
- salt/ black pepper, to taste
- Harissa or cayenne
- about 2 TBS oil or butter
- peppers and cheese, to serve with
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Cut peppers and onion in slices
- Heat your fry pan on low fire, add oil or butter and sauté peppers and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato quarters, season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Whisk the eggs until they are pale yellow colour and pour in the eggs. Don't let the eggs cook for more then 1-2 minutes or until the bottom starts to set.
- With a spatula, gently move the mixture around, letting the liquid move to the center.
- Now you can can grate cheese over the top and allow to cook for a few minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
Serve with fresh baguette, Harissa, tomatoes and olives.